INDIAN DISHES OR BRINJAL MASALA CURRY
Brinjal masala curry is an Indian dish. This is a very delicious food recipe. The main sources of brinjal masala curry are brinjal and curry masala paste.
Brinjal ia obtained in many colours. It contains many nutrients. It is good for our healthy nutrition.
Brinjal tomato curry, brinjal mango curry, stuffed brinjal curry, brinjal fry, brinjal chutney, green gram dal brinjal tomato curry, brinjal beans curry and mixed vegetable curry are also made with brinjal.
BRINJAL MASALA CURRY
BRINJAL CURRY OR VANKAYA KOORA
Ingredients for Indian dishes or brinjal masala curry or vankaya koora or brinjal curry
1. Brinjal – 500 grams
2. Curry masala paste – 5 table spoons
3. Onions – 50 grams
4. Mixed red chilli powder – 1 table spoon
5. Salt – to taste
6. Oil – 4 table spoons
7. Water – as required
BRINJAL RECIPE OR INDIAN DISHES
Preparation for Indian dishes or brinjal masala curry or brinjal curry or vankaya koora
1. Wash and clean brinjal and onions under running clean water.
2. Remove stalks of onions. Peel onions. Cut them into small pieces.
3. Discard stem of brinjal. Cut it into small pieces.
4. Put them in salt water immediately to prevent them from decoloration.
Method for Indian dishes or brinjal masala curry or brinjal curry or vankaya koora
1. Heat a heavy bottomed vessel or nonstick pan on a stove.
2. Add oil to it. Add pieces of onions to oil. Stir them well till they change their colour.
3. Add curry masala paste to it. Add mixed red chilli powder and salt to it.
4. Mix them well. Fry them till the raw smell of it disappears or they leave oil.
Add pieces for Indian dishes or brinjal masala curry or brinjal curry or vankaya koora
1. Drain brinjal pieces. Add them to masala mixture. Mix them well.
2. Cook them for some time.
3. Keep a lid on vessel. Cook them on low flame till pieces cooked completely.
4. In between this time, stir them well to prevent them from getting burnt.
5. To bring its to a right consistency add more water and cook it for three minutes.
6. Switch off stove. Now brinjal masala curry is ready. Transfer it to a bowl.
7. Serve brinjal curry or vankaya koora with hot rice, roti and chapati.
Notes for brinjal recipe
1. Fresh ingredients should be used as they give good taste.
2. You must keep brinjal pieces in salt water. Salt water is a mixture of 20 grams of salt and 500 ml of water.
3. Don’t burn mixture while it is cooking.
4. The quantity of ingredients can be changed according to your taste and opinion.
How to make brinjal curry
How to make brinjal masala curry
1. Wash and cut brinjal into small pieces. Keep them in salt water.
2. Heat a pan with oil. Add onion pieces.
3. Add curry masala paste, mixed red chilli powder and salt to it. Fry them well.
4. Add brinjal pieces to it. Mix them well.
5. Cook them on high and low flames till pieces cooked well.
6. Switch off stove. Serve them with hot rice, roti and chapati.
Notes – The taste of curry depends on freshness of ingredients, water and method of cooking.