BRINJAL CURRY OR BRINJAL TOMATO RECIPE
TOMATO BRINJAL CURRY OR BAINGAN CURRY
Brinjal tomato curry is a very delicious Indian curry. Brinjal is also called eggplant or aubergine or baingan or vankaya.
The brinjal or eggplant is an excellent source of some minerals, carbohydrates, fats and fiber. This is also a good antioxidant. Brinjal is also called King of vegetables.
Ripe tomato has a lot of health benefits. This is an excellent source of vitamin C. This is a good source of dietary fiber and some vitamins.
Cauliflower tomato curry, coconut chutney recipe, little gourd soup, colocasia tomato curry, yam broth, palak paneer, recipe, banana flower curry, ragi ladoo, dal tomato curry, ajwain rice recipe, cabbage moong dal fry and capsicum curry are also delicious food dishes. Garam masala give good taste to cuisines.
You can see Indian cooking recipes
The brinjal tomato curry is very simple Indian food. This is a special dish. This vegetable recipe is very famous. This curry is simple to prepare.
This is a very delicious recipe, This is good for healthy nutrition. This is a healthy recipe and an Indian cooking recipe. This is the most popular brinjal recipe. This is a method for brinjal recipe.
BRINJAL TOMATO, VANKAYA TAMATA KOORA
Ingredients for brinjal tomato curry or vankaya tamata kura or baigan curry.
1. Brinjal – 500 grams or 5 cups
2. Ripe tomatoes – 150 grams or 2 cups
3. Onions – 50 grams
4. Green chillies – 2
5. Mixed red chilli powder – 2 spoons
6. Salt – to taste
7. Water – As needed
8. Oil – 3 table spoons
Mixed red chilli powder is a mixture of red chilli powder, mustard powder, cumin powder, coriander seeds powder, fenugreek seeds powder, turmeric powder and crushed garlic cloves. They are in the ratio 10 : 1 : 1 : 1 : 1 : 2 : 1/8 respectively.
Method of preparation for brinjal tomato curry or baingan tamatar curry
Wash and cut the vegetables for brinjal tomato curry or vankaya tamata koora or baingan curry
1. Wash and clean the fresh and tender brinjal, ripen tomatoes, onions and green chillies under running water.
2. Remove the stalks of onions. Peel the onions and cut them into small pieces.
3. Remove the stalks of green chillies and cut them into long pieces.
4. Remove stalk of the brinjal and cut it into small cubes.
5. Keep them in salted water to prevent them from decoloration.
6. Cut the tomatoes into small pieces
7. Keep all these items aside.
Method to make brinjal tomato curry
Fry the things for brinjal tomato curry or vankaya tamata kura
1. Place a pan on the stove, heat the pan and pour oil on it.
2. When the oil is hot add the pieces of onions and green chillies to it.
3. Mix them well and fry them till the colour of them changes slightly.
Add the pieces of brinjal for vankaya koora or baingan bhaji
1. Then add the pieces of brinjal to the pan after drain them.
2. Mix them well and saute them for about five minutes.
3. Then add mixed red chilli powder and salt to them.
4. Then sprinkle about 10 ml of water and stir them well.
Add the pieces of tomatoes for brinjal tomato
Then add the pieces of tomatoes to the mixture and stir them well for three minutes.
Cook on low flame for brinjal tomato curry
Then keep a lid on the pan and cook on low flame for about five minutes or until the brinjal pieces cooked up to 70%.
Cook on high flame for tomato brinjal curry or vankaya tamata or baingan sabzi
1. After that add 200 ml of water and mix them well.
2. Keep the lid on the pan and cook on high flame for three minutes or some time.
Cook again on low flame for vankaya koora or brinjal curry or baingan bhaji
1. Repeat the process of cooking on low flame till the pieces are cooked well or the pieces became mushy
2. In this cooking time, for every three minutes remove the lid and stir them well to prevent them from getting burnt.
2. Due to cook on low flame the gravy get infused with the aroma and flavor of brinjal and tomato.
3. It takes the time about 10 -15 minutes for cooking on low flame.
4. When the pieces are cooked completely, switch off the stove.
5. Transfer the brinjal tomato curry to a bowl and serve with hot rice, roti and chapati.
BRINJAL CURRY RECIPE OR BRINJAL TOMATO CURRY RECIPE
How to make brinjal tomato curry
1. Wash and cut the tomatoes, onions, green chillies and brinjal.
2. Put the pieces of brinjal in salted water.
3. Heat a pan with oil, add the pieces of green chillies and onions.
4. Fry them until they turn golden brown colour.
5. Add the pieces of brinjal to the pan and saute them slightly.
6. Add mixed red chilli powder and salt to the mixture and sprinkle a little water.
7. Add tomato pieces and mix them well.
8. Cook on low flame until the pieces cooked completely.
9. For its right consistency add more water and cook.
10. Switch off the stove and transfer the brinjal curry to a bowl .
11. Serve this curry with hot rice, roti and Chapati.
This curry is very tasteful. This is also a popular brinjal curry.
BRINJAL TOMAO CURRY RECIPE OR TOMATO RECIPE
Notes for tomato brinjal curry or tomato curry or brinjal curry
1. Fresh ingredients should be used as they give good taste.
2. The vegetables should be washed with salted water and clean water.
3. Do not burn the curry when they are cooking.
4. In this preparation, the quantity of ingredients can be changed according to your taste and opinion.
There are many types of brinjal curries. This is one of the curry. Brinjal drumstick curry, stuffed brinjal curry recipe, brinjal mango curry recipe, brinjal peas curry, brinjal potato curry, mixed brinjal curry recipe, brinjal fry recipe, brinjal chutney, brinjal coconut curry, brinjal soup.
How to make brinjal tomato curry
1. Wash and cut brinjal, tomato, onions and green chillies into small pieces.
2. Heat a vessel on a flame of stove. Add oil and heat it. Add green chillies and onions. Fry them well.
3. Add brinjal pieces and stir them for some time.
4. Add mixed red chilli powder and salt to them.
5. Add tomato pieces and mix them well for five minutes.
6. Cover and cook on low flame until they cooked completely.
7. In this cooking time, stir them well for every three minutes. If you want add water also for bring its to a right consistency.
8. Switch off stove and serve this brinjal tomato curry with hot rice, roti and chapati.
Note : The taste of a curry depends on method of cooking.