COLOCASIA CURRY, ARUM TOMATO CURRY
Colocasia curry is a very delicious curry. It is an Indian curry. It is very good for health. The main sources of this curry are colocasia and tomatoes.
Colocasia curry is also chamadumpa koora or chacheenda curry or arun curry or chamagaddala kura or colocasia tomato curry.
Taro root recipes, bhindi curry, ladies finger fry, vegetable curry, snake gourd milk curry, pumpkin curry, beans recipes, ridge gourd recipe, bottle gourd recipe, Indian dosa, dal recipes, yellow rice, Indian biryani, green banana curry, yams recipe, whole moong dal recipe, green capsicum recipe, stuffed brinjal curry, gherkin recipe and brinjal fry are also delicious Indian food recipes.
This is a very delicious recipe and a healthy recipe. This is an Indian food. This is the most popular method for colocasia curry. This is very simple to prepare. This is a method for colocasia tomato curry.
CHACHEENDA CURRY, CHAMADUMPA KOORA
COLOCASIA TOMATO CURRY, ARUM TOMATO CURRY
Ingredients for colocasia curry or colocasia tomato curry, chamadumpa koora
1. Colocasia – 500 grams
2. Onions – 75 grams
3. Green chillies – 2
4. Mixed red chilli powder – 2 spoons ( 10 grams )
5. Salt – to taste
6. Water – as needed
7. Oil – 3 table spoons
8. Tomatoes – 100 grams.
9. Tamarind paste – 1 spoon
Mixed red chilli powder is a mixture of red chilli powder, dry roasted mustard powder, cumin powder, fenugreek powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and crushed garlic cloves. They are in a ratio of 10 : 1 : 1 : 1 : 1 : 2 : 1/8 respectively.
ARUM CURRY OR COLOCASIA TOMATO CURRY
ARUM TOMATO CURRY CHAMADUMPA KOORA
Method for preparation for colocasia tomato curry : –
Wash and cut the vegetables for colocasia curry or colocasia tomato curry, chacheenda curry
1. Wash and clean the fresh colocasia, tomatoes, onions and green chillies under running water.
2. Remove the stalks of onions. Peel the onions and cut them into small pieces.
3. Remove the stalks of green chillies and cut them into long pieces .
4. Cut the tomatoes into small pieces. Keep all these items aside.
COLOCASIA TOMATO CURRY
Cook colocasia for colocasia curry or colocasia tomato curry, chamadumpa koora
1. Take colocasia in a bowl and pour about 500 ml of water to it.
2. Keep a lid on the bowl and boil till the colocasia cooked completely.
3. Then turn off the stove and allow them to cool.
4. For normal cook. Cook the colocasia in some water until they become soft. Switch off stove. Cool them.
5. Then peel the colocasia and cut them into pieces. Keep them aside.
Method to make colocasia curry or colocasia tomato curry or arum tomato curry
1. Place a pan on the stove and heat the pan. Pour the oil into it.
2. When the oil is hot, add the pieces of onions, green chillies to it.
3. Mix them well and fry them till the colour of them changes slightly.
4. Then add mixed red chilli powder and salt to them.
5. Then sprinkle about 10 ml of water and stir them well.
Add the tomatoes for colocasia curry or colocasia tomato curry or arum curry
1. Then add the pieces of tomatoes and mix well.
2. After 2 minutes of cooking, put a lid on the pan and cook on low flame for about 10 minutes or till the tomatoes became soft.
3. In this time, for every three minutes stir them well to prevent them from getting burnt.
4. Then add cooked colocasia to the mixture and mix them well. Now add tamarind paste and 100 ml of water.
5. Mix them well. After five minutes of cooking, keep a lid on the pan and cook on them low flame for about 5 minutes.
6. In this time, for every two minutes stir them well to prevent them from getting burnt.
7. When the pieces are cooked completely, turn off the stove.
8. Transfer the colocasia tomato curry to a bowl and serve with hot rice, roti and chapathi.
This is a very tasteful curry recipe. This is also good for healthy nutrition.
CHAMADUMPA TAMATA KURA OR ARUM TOMATO CURRY
How to make colocasia tomato curry
1. Cook the colocasia in some water. Cool them and peel them. Cut them into small pieces.
2. Heat a pan with oil and add onions and green chillies. Fry them for two minutes.
3. Add mixed red chilli powder and salt to them. Sprinkle 10 ml of water.
4. Add the pieces of tomatoes and cook them well.
5. Add colocasia and tamarind juice to the same pan. Cook them well for some time.
6. Switch off the stove and serve this curry with hot rice, roti and chapathi.
Maida chana dal sweet, hot vada, cooking drumsticks, roselle leaves chutney, fenugreek soup, urad dal dosa, chana dal chutney, dal sorrel spinach recipe,brinjal mango curry, banana flower curry, butter milk, sweet shells, beetroot fry, bottle gourd fry, ridge gourd curry, moong dal coconut, sesame seed recipes, cauliflower fritters and cauliflower tomato curry are also delicious Indian food cuisines.
Notes for colocasia curry colocasia tomato, chacheenda curry : –
1. Vegetables would be washed under running clean water.
2. We must always use fresh,smooth, and ripe colocasia for good taste.
3. Do not use much water for cooking as it will not give good taste.
4. In this preparation ingredients used and time can be changed according to your taste and opinion.