GARAM MASALA, CURRY POWDER
Garam masala is a mixture of spice. Garam masala is a one of the masala powder which is used in Indian cuisines.
This is also a popular masala powder. Masala make body warm. Garam means warm. Masala means spice. This is a combination of different spice.
Roast spice before grinding which makes aromatic mssala. The garam masala contains coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, black pepper corns, star anise, green cardamoms and cloves.
The garam masala makes body warm. It increases the body temperature in a proper way. They also have medicinal and digestive properties.
The homemade garam masala powder is fresh and have strong flavor. Don’t add too much of masala powder in dishes.
The garam masala give better taste when it is added at the end of cooking. The masala powder can be used in making curries, fries, soups, lentils, snacks and other dishes.
The spice proportion may vary from recipe to recipe. This is a one of the powder recipe. Let we know the garam masala make at home. Homemade garam masala is much fresh, give good taste and aromatic than stored one. This is one of the method for garam masala. This is very simple to prepare.
You can see Indian food recipes
You can also see sweet recipes
Garam masala powder
GARAM MASALA POWDER RECIPE OR CURRY MASALA
Ingredients for garam masala, powder recipe, curry powder
1. Coriander seeds – 1 cup ( 200 ml )
2. Cumin seeds – 1/2 cup
3. Cloves – 30
4. Green cardamoms – 30
5. Black pepper corns – 2 table spoons
6. Nutmeg – 1/4 piece
7. Star anise – 1 star or 6 leaves
8. Cinnamon sticks – 6 ( two inches pieces )
GARAM MASALA,POWDER RECIPE
GARAM MASALA RECIPE
Method of preperation for garam masala,powder recipe, curry powder
1. Take one of the spice in a plate. Pick out the stones from them.
2. Clean spice by pick out debris and dust. In this way, clean the spice one after the other.
3. Clean the cinnamon sticks with clean dry cloth.
4. Take the spice to various plates and clean them. Spread the spice on the plates. Keep them in sun light for two days.
5. Preferably in the hot sun light. Turn over the spice some times when they are getting the sun light.
Roast the things for garam masala , curry powder, powder recipe
1. Heat a heavy bottomed pan.
2. Add one of the spice and dry roast them until you get a nice aroma and without burning or they give off just a slight bit smoky. Then transfer them to a plate and cool them.
3. In this way, dry roast the all the spice one after the other. Transfer them to various plates and cool them.
Grind or powder the spices for garam masala, powder recipe, curry masala
1. Crush dry nutmeg and broken cinnamon stick.
2. First add coriander seeds to a blender jar and grind them to a fine powder by a mixie.
3. Add cinnamon and nutmeg pieces to the same mixie jar and grind them to a fine powder.
4. Transfer the powder to a bowl. Then grind the rest of the spice to a powder with the help of the mixie.
5. Transfer the powder to the bowl one by one.
CURRY POWDER, POWDER RECIPE
Mix the powders for garam masala, powder recipe, curry powder
1. Mix all spice powder batches well. Transfer the spice powder to an another plate through a sieve.
2. Powder the coarse particles again. Sieve them again to get a smooth powder.
3. Discard rest of coarse particles.
4. Store garam masala powder in an air tight container or clean dry glass jar.
Notes for garam masala or curry masala
1. Fresh ingredients should be used as they give nice aroma.
2. Do not roast spice together as the spice like cumin seeds get burnt.
3. The colour of powder could be slightly vary from one powder to other. It depend on kind and quality of spice.
4. They give a strong flavor to dishes.
How to make garam masala
How to make garam masala powder
How to make curry powder
1. Pick out the stones from the ingredients.
2. Remove the debris and dust from the spice.
3. Put them under sun light for two days in various plates.
4. Dry roast spice one by one on a heated pan till you get a nice aroma.
5. Transfer them to plates and cool them.
6. Grind spice to a fine powder with the help of mixer – grinder.
7. Sieve the powder mix to get a smooth powder.
8. Store garam masala powder in an air tight, clean and dry glass jar.
9. Sprinkle some quantity or a tea spoon of garam masala powder on curries, fries, soups and some other dishes.
10. This powder give a good taste to the dishes.
Note – In this preparation, the quantity of ingredients can be changed according to your taste and opinion.
GARRM MASALA PASTE
Curry paste for 500 grams of vegetables
1. Poppy seeds – 1 table spoons
2. Cumin seeds – 1 tea spoon
3. Coriander seeds – 2 table spoons
4. Cloves – 6
5. Green cardamoms – 6
6. Cinnamon stick – 1/2 inch piece
7. Ginger pieces – 2 table spoons
8. Garlic cloves – 6 – 8
9. Onions – 1 cup ( 200 ml cup )
10. Dry red chillies – 6
Method for garam masala paste or curry paste
1. Wash and clean the ginger and onions. Peel the ginger and cut it into small cubes.
2. Remove the stalks of onions and chop them into small pieces. Peel the garlic cloves.
Grind the things for garam masala paste or curry paste
1. Take poppy seeds, coriander seeds, dry red chillies, cloves, green cardamoms and cinnamon sticks in a blender.
2. Grind them to a fine powder.
Grind ginger for garam masala paste
Add the pieces of ginger and garlic cloves to the blender. Grind them to a coarse paste.
Add the pieces for garam masala paste
1. Then add the pieces of onions to the same blender.
2. Add a little water or 10 ml of water to them.
3. Grind then to a smooth paste.
4. Transfer it to a bowl. You can use it in curry.
How to make garam masala paste
1. Grind poppy seeds, cumin seeds, green cardamoms, cinnamon stick, coriander seeds, red chillies and cloves to a smooth powder.
2. Add ginger and garlic cloves to them and grind them to a coarse paste.
3. Add onions and a little water to it and grind them to a smooth paste. Then garam masala paste or curry paste is ready.
Notes for garam masala or curry masala
1. Fresh ingredients should be used for good taste.
2. The quantity of ingredients can be changed according to your taste and opinion.
You can see masala recipes
You can also see Indian cooking recipe.
Note : The taste of a masala powder depends on freshness of ingredients.