GHETKIN RECIPE, LITTLE GOURD FRY
Gherkins fry is a very delicious curry for rice and chapati. Little gourd fry is also called dondakaya vepudu. Gherkin is also called little gourd or smooth gourd or dondakaya.
The main sources of this fry are little gourds and seasoning ingredients. This curry is simple to prepare.
This fry is a very delicious food recipe. This is a good Indian food. This is one of the most popular method for little gourd recipe.
You can see Indian cooking recipes
GHERKINS FRY, DONDAKAYA VEPUDU
LITTLE GOURD FRY OR DONDAKAYA VEPUDU.
Ingredients for gherkin recipe, little gpurd fry,gherkins fry or bondakaya vepudu
1. Gherkins – 500 grams
2. Onions – 50 grams
3. Green chillies – 4
4. Red chillies – 6
5. Salt – to taste
6. Water – as needed
7. Oil – 3 table spoons
8. Curry leaves – 20
9. Ginger – 5 grams
10. Bengal gram dal – 1 table spoon
11. Black gram dal – 1 table spoon
12. Mustard seeds – 1/2 tea spoon
13. Cumin seeds – 1/2 tea spoon
14. Garlic cloves – 8
15. Grated coconut – 4 table spoons
INDIAN FOOD, GHERKINS FRY
Preparation for gherkin recipe, little gourd fry, gherkins fry or dondakaya vepudu
Wash the vegetables for Indian food, gherkins fry or little gourd recipe
Wash and clean fresh and tender gherkins, onions, green chillies, ginger and curry leaves under running water.
Cut the vegetables for gherkin recipe, little gourd fry or dondakaya vepudu
1. Remove stalks of onions. Peel onions and cut them into small pieces.
2. Remove stalks of green chillies and cut them into long pieces.
3. Remove stalks of little gourd and cut them into very small pieces ( strips ).
4. Peel the ginger and cut into small pieces. Drain the curry leaves.
5. Remove stalks of red chillies and cut them into small pieces.
6. Peel garlic cloves. Keep all these items aside.
Method of preparations of gherkin recipe, gherkins fry or little gourd fry
1. Place a pan on a stove and heat the pan. Pour oil into it.
2. When the oil is hot add mustard seeds and fry till they splutter.
3. Then add cumin seeds, the pieces of onions, green chillies, ginger, garlic leaves, curry leaves, bengal gram dal and black gram dal to them.
4. Mix them well and fry till the colour of them changes slightly.
5. Then add the pieces of gherkins. Mix them well and fry them slightly.
6. Then add salt to them and stir well.
7. After five minutes of stirring, keep a lid on the pan and cook on low flame for about 20 minutes or till the pieces cooked completely.
8. In this time, for every five minutes remove lid and stir them well to prevent them from getting burnt.
9. Add grated coconut and stir them well.
10. When the little gourd pieces are cooked completely, turn off stove.
11. Transfer the gherkins fry or dondakaya vepudu to a bowl and serve with hot rice, roti and chapati.
Gherkins fry is very delicious recipe and an Indian food.
INDIAN FOOD,GHETKINS FRY OR LITTLE GOURD CURRY
How to make gherkins fry
How to make little gourd fry
1. Heat a pan with oil and add ingredients except little gourd and grated coconut.
2. Saute them well for two minutes.
3. Add the pieces of gherkins and fry them well for some time.
4. Sprinkle salt and mix them well.
5. Cover and cook them until they cooked completely.
6. Add grated coconut and fry them for three minutes.
7. Switch off the stove and serve this fry with hot rice, roti and chapati.
INDIAN FOOD, GHERKIN RECIPE DONDAKAYA VEPUDU
Gherkin masala fry
1. Heat a pan with oil, add 500 grams pieces of gherkins and fry them well.
2. Add salt and fry them well on high flame and cover and cook on low flames for some time or until pieces of gherkins cooked well.
3. Add four table spoons of curry masala paste and fry them well.
4. Add a tea spoon of red chilli powder and mix them well for some time.
5. Cook on low flame till they leave oil.
6. Switch off stove and serve with hot rice, roti and chapati.
Notes for Indian food, little gourd fry recipe or gourd recipe : –
1. Vegetables would be washed with salted water and then with good water.
2. We must always use fresh, smooth and tender vegetables for good taste.
3. In this preparation, the ingredients used and time can be changed according to your taste and opinion.
4. Non stick pan should be used for better frying.
Little gourd fry in telugu