PUMPKIN RECIPE OR PUMPKIN CURRY
Pumpkin curry is a very delicious curry for rice, roti and chapathi. Pumpkin curry is also called kadoo bhaji or kadu karee or gummadikaya koora or gummadikaya vepudu or vegan recipe.
lt is good for healthy nutrition. It is simple to prepare. The pumpkin curry is a very popular food recipe. This is a very delicious curry. Some people like so much.
Pumpkin is round with smooth, slightly ribbed outer surface and deep yellow to orange colouration. Seeds and pulp are present inside the thick shell of pumpkin.
It is a good source of some vitamins and minerals. This is an extremely nutrient food. This is a an important antioxidant also. Pumpkin is rich in dietary fibre. This is a special curry. Brinjal mango curry and ridge gourd bengal gram dal curry are also delicious vegetable curries. Curry masala or garam masala also give good taste to the curries.
Ridge gourd recipe, bottle gourd recipe, dal recipes, bhindi curry recipe, stuffed brinjal curry recipe, Indian biryani recipe, yellow rice recipe, potato recipe, sambar recipe, rasam recipe, taro root recipe, banana flower recipe, whole moong dal recipe, kidney beans recipe and gherkins recipe are also delicious food cuisines.
Pumpkin curry is a delicious recipe or special dish. This is also a healthy recipe and an Indian food. The pumpkin curry is good for healthy nutrition. This curry recipe is very simple to prepare. This is a method for pumpkin curry.
GUMMADIKAYA KOORA OR KADOO SABZI
PUMPKIN FRY OR PUMPKIN FRY RECIPE
Ingredients for pumpkin curry or gummadikaya koora or kadoo bhaji
1. Pumpkin pieces – 1 kilogram
2. Onions – 50 grams
3. Green chillies – 4
4. Red chillies – 6
5. Salt – to taste
6. Water – as needed
7. Oil – 3 table spoons
8. Curry leaves – 20
9. Ginger – 5 grams
10. Bengal gram dal – 1 table spoon
11. Black gram dal – 1 table spoon
12. Mustard seeds – 1/2 tea spoon
13. Cumin seeds – 1/2 tea spoon
14. Garlic cloves – 8
15. Grated Jaggery or sugar – 1 -2 table spoons
16. Mixed red chilli powder – 1 table spoon
Note : Mixed red chilli powder is a mixture of red chilli powder, fenugreek powder, cumin seeds powder, mustard seeds powder, turmeric powder and crushed gallic cloves.They are in a ratio of 10 : 1 : 1 : 1 : 1 : 2 : 1/8 respectively.
PUMPKIN CURRY RECIPE
Preparation of pumpkin curry or gummadikaya koora or kadoo bhaji or vegan recipes : –
Wash the vegetables for pumpkin curry or gummadikaya koora or kadoo sabzi
1. Wash and clean the fresh and ripe pumpkin, onions, green chillies, ginger and curry leaves in running clean water.
2. Rub the pumpkin with salt for some time and wash it.
Cut the vegetables for pumpkin curry or gummadikaya koora or kadoo sabzi or vegan recipe
1. Remove the stalks of onions. Peel the onions and cut them into small pieces.
2. Remove the stalks of green chillies and cut them into long pieces.
3. Discard the stem of pumpkin. Remove the seeds of it. Cut the pumpkin into small pieces. If you want peel the pumpkin also.
4. Peel the ginger and cut it into small cubes.
5. Remove the stalks of red chillies and cut them into small pieces.
6. Peel the garlic cloves. Keep all these items aside.
GUMMADIKAYA KOORA, KADOO SABZI
Cook the vegetables for pumpkin curry or gummadikaya koora or kadoo sabzi
1. Place a pan on a stove, heat the pan. Pour oil into it.
2. When the oil is hot add mustard seeds and fry them till they splutter.
3. Then add the garlic cloves, pieces of ginger, cumin seeds, the pieces of onions , green chillies, red chillies, curry leaves, bengal gram dal, and black gram dal to them.
4. Mix them well and fry till the colour of them changes slightly.
Add the pumkin pieces for pumpkin recipe, gummadikaya koora
1. Then add mixed red chilli powder and salt to them . Then spinkle 10 ml of water and stir them well.
2. Then add the pieces of pumpkin, mix them well and fry them slightly.
3. After five minutes of cooking, keep a lid on the pan and cook on low flame for about 20 minutes or the pieces cooked completely.
4. In this time, for every five minutes remove the lid and stir them well to prevent them from getting burnt.
Add jaggery or sugar for pumpkin curry recipe, kadoo sabzi
1. When the pieces are cooked completely add grated jaggery or sugar and stir them well for two minutes.
2. Then switch off stove, transfer the pumpkin curry or gummadikaya koora to a bowl and serve with hot rice, roti and chapathi.
How to make pumpkin curry
gummadikaya kura or kadoo bhaji
1. Wash the pumpkin, without peel it or peel it and cut it into small pieces.
2. Heat the oil in a pan add mustard seeds, the garlic cloves, pieces of ginger, cumin seeds, the pieces of onions, green chillies, red chillies, curry leaves, bengal gram dal and black gram dal to them.
3. Mix them well and fry them till the colour of them changes slightly.
4. Add salt, mixed red chilli powder and 10 ml of water to the mixture. Mix them well.
5. Then add pieces of pumpkin and stir them well for five minutes.
6. Keep lid on the pan cook on low flame until the pumpkin pieces became soft and mushy.
7. Add jaggey or sugar to the curry and mix them for three minutes.
8. Switch off stove and transfer the pumpkin curry to a bowl and serve.
Serve this curry with hot rice, roti and chapathi. This is one of the most popular Indian curry.
Ingredients for pumpkin fry
1. Pumpkin pieces – 500 grams
2. Pieces of onions – 50 grams
3. Pieces of green chillies – 8
4. Red chilli pieces – 16
5. Salt – to taste
6. Oil – 3 table spoons
7. Curry leaves – 20
8. Ginger – 5 grams
9. Bengal gram dal – 1 table spoon
10. Black gram dal – 1 table spoon
11. Mustard seeds – 1/2 tea spoon
12. Cumin seeds – 1/2 tea spoon
13. Garlic cloves – 8
14. Grated Jaggery or sugar – 1 table spoon
Method of preparation for pumpkin fry
How to make pumpkin fry
1. Heat a pan with oil and add mustard seeds. Fry them well till they splutter.
2. Add green chillies, garlic cloves, ginger pieces red chillies, cumin seeds urad dal, black gram dal and curry leaves.
3. Saute them well and add salt to them.
4. Add the pieces of pumpkin and stir them well for some time.
5. Cook the mixture on low flame until the pieces cooked completely.
6. In this cooking time, stir them well for evey three minutes to prevent them from getting burnt.
7. Add one table spoon of sugar or jaggery to it and mix them well for three minutes.
8. Switch off stove and serve this pumpkin fry with hot rice, roti and chapathi.
Notes for pumpkin curry recipe or gummadikaya kura or kadu sabzi: –
1. Vegetables would be washed with salted water and in running clean water.
2. We must always use fresh, smooth and ripe pumpkin for good taste.
3. Do not use water for cooking as it will not give good taste.
4. The pumpkin curry should not be dry nor watery. The curry is just in between them is very delicious.
5. In this preparation, the quantity of ingredients used and time can be changed according to your taste and opinion.
Sweet pumpkin or sweet vegans recipes
1. Add some sugar or jaggery to a vessel and also add some water to it.
2. Add the pieces of punpkin without seeds and also with or without skin of it.
3. Cook them until the syrup get single string consistency and also till the pieces cooked completely.
4. Swich off the stove and serve them.
Pumpkin halwa or pumpkin sweet recipe
1. Grind the pumpkin pieces without skin and seeds to a smooth paste.
2. Add sugar or jaggery and some water to a vessel and boil them on a stove.
3. Add pumpkin paste to it and cook them until they form a thick mass like halwa.
4. Add some ghee and some roasted cashew nuts and raisins to the mass.
5. Stir them well and switch off stove.
6. Transfer to a plate and press it. Now pumpkin halwa is ready.
7. Cool it and cut it into small pieces and serve them.
Note – The quantity of ingredients can be changef according to your taste and opinion.
Sweet shells, badusha recipe, junnu or cheese, coconut milk recipe, rice flour recipes or ,vennappal recipe, ariselu, rice payasam recipe, rice flour payasam recipe, maida semolina recipe, moong dal coconut recipe, sweet vada and ragi ladoo are also sweet delicious dishes.
Note : The taste of a dish depends on freshness of ingredients and method of cooking.
This is a pumpkin recipe or pumpkin curry recipe or pumpkin curry or pumpkun fry or pumpkin fry recipe or vegetable recipe or gummadikaya vepudu or gummadikaya kura or kadu bhaji or kadoo sabzi or gummadi kura.