RIDGE GOURD BENGAL GRAM RECIPE
BENGAL GRAM RIDGE GOURD CURRY FOR RICE AND CHAPATI
Ridge gourd bengal gram curry is also known as senagapappu beerakaya kura. This curry mainly contains ridge gourd and bengal gram dal chana dal.
Ridge gourd and chana dal are rich in dietare fiber. They have some vitamins, minerals and proteins. They are highly nutrious and give good flavor and nice aroma.
Snake gourd curry, chana ki dal recipe, dal recipe, coconut milk recipe, bhindi curry, recipe, brinjal curry gherkins recipe, banana flower recipe, taro root recipe, whole moong dal recipe, indian dosa recipe, yellow rice recipe and indian biryani are also delicious food items. Curry masala give good taste to dishes.
Ridge gourd bengal gram dal curry is amazingly delicious recipe and gets easily digested. This is an Indian food. This is a special recipe and a healthy recipe. This curry is simple to prepare. This is a method for ridge gourd recipe.
RIDGE GOURD CHANA DAL CURRY, SENAGAPAPPU BEERAKAYA KOORA
Ingredients for ridge gourd curry or ridge gourd bengal gram dal curry or senagapappu beerakaya kura
1. Pieces of ridge gourd – 500 grams
2. Bengal gram dal – 200 grams
3. Onions – 50 g.
4. Green chillies – 2
5. Mixed red chilli powder – 2 spoons
6. Salt – to taste
7. Water – as needed
8. Oil – 3 table spoons
9. Mustard seeds -1/2 tea spoon
10. Cumin seeds – 1/2 tea spoon
11. Red chillies – 2
12. Garlic cloves – 8
13. Curry leaves – 25
Mixed red chilli powder is a mixture of red chilli powder, mustard powder, cumin powder, fenugreek powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and crushed garlic cloves. They are in a ratio of 10 : 1 : 1 : 1 : 1 : 2 : 1/8 respectively.
RIDGE GOURD BENGAL GRAM RECIPE
Method of preparation for ridge gourď curry or ridge gourd chana dal curry –
Cook the dal for ridge gourd curry or ridge gourd bengal gram curry or sensgapappy beerakaya koora
1. Take bengal gram dal in a bowl and rinse the bengal gram dal well in running water.
2. Soak the bengal gram dal in enough (1 cup dal – 1 1/2 cup of water ) water for an hour.
3. Put the bowl containing the soaked bengal gram dal in a pressure cooker.
4. On high flame, the pressure cook the dal for 2 whistles. Then switch off the stove and leave it for some time.
5. Next remove the bowl from the pressure cooker. The bengal gram dal is softened and well cooked. Keep the cooked bengal gram dal aside
Wash and cut the vegetables for ridge gourd curry or ridge gourd bengal gram dal curry or sensgapappu beerakaya koora
1. Wash and clean the fresh ridge gourd, onions and green chillies with water.
2. Remove the stalks of onions. Peel the onions and cut them into small pieces. Remove the stalks of green chillies and cut them into long pieces.
3. Remove the stalks of red chillies and cut them into small pieces. Peel the garlic leaves.
4. Remove the stalks of the ridge gourd and peel them. Cut the ridge gourd into small cubes.
Keep all these items aside.
SENAGAPAPPU BEERAKAYA KOORA
RIDGE GOURD CHANA DAL CURRY RECIPE
Method to make ridge gourd curry or bengal gram currry or sensgap beerakaya kura
1. Place a pan on the stove and heat the pan. Pour the oil into it.
2. When the oil is hot add the mustard seeds and fry them until they splutter.
3. Then add garlic cloves, cumin seeds, the pieces of onions, green chillies and red chillies to the pan. Mix them well and fry till the colour of them changes slightly.
4. Then add mixed red chilli powder and salt to the mixture. Sprinkle 10 ml of water on them and mix well.
Add the pieces for ridge gourd chana dal
1. Then add the pieces of ridge gourd to the mixture. Mix them well and fry them slightly.
2. Then keep a lid on the pan and cook for some time or until the pieces of ridge gourd cooked completely on low flame.
3. In this cooking time, stir them well for every three minutes.
Add the dal for ridge gourd curry or bengal gram curry or turai chana dal
1. Then add the cooked bengal gram dal to the mixture of ridge gourd and mix well.
2. After five minutes of stirring add 200 ml of water and mix them well.
3. After five minutes of cooking, keep a lid on the pan and cook on low flame.
4. In this time, every three minutes remove the lid and stir them well to prevent them from getting burnt.
5. Repeat the process of cooking till the pieces are completely cooked. It takes the time about 10 minutes for cooking on low flame.
6. When the pieces are cooked completely, switch off the stove, transfer the ridge gourd bengal gram dal curry to a bowl and serve with hot rice, roti or chapathi.
Cooking drumsticks, sweet shells recipe, ground nut chutney recipe, sambar recipe, sesame seed recipes, cauliflower tomato curry recipe, dal mango curry recipe, moong dal coconut fry recipe, rasam recipe, capsicum tomato curry, tomato chutney, sago fritters, bitter gourd recipe snd brinjal mango recipe are delicious cuisines.
How to make ridge gourd bengal gram curry
How to make ridge gourd chana dal curry
1. Wash and cut the vegetables
2. Soak and cook bengal gram dal.
3. Heat a pan with oil, add green chillies and seasoning ingredients. Fry them well.
4. Add mixed red chilli powder and salt.
5. Add the pieces of ridge gourd and fry them well.
6. Cook them until the pieces cooked up to 90%.
7. Add cooked bengal gram dal and mix them well.
8. Cook them for some time.
9. Switch off stove and serve with hot rice, roti and chapati.
Note for chana dal ridge gourd curry recipe :
1. Fresh ingredients should be used for good taste.
2. Do not use much water for cooking as it will not give good taste.
3. In this preparation ingredients used and time can be changed according to your taste and opinion.
4. Chick the ridge gourd sweet or bitter taste in taste. Select the sweet ridge gourd as it give good taste to the curry.
Note: The taste of a curry depends on freshness of ingredients, water and method of cooking.