INDIAN RECIPES, RIDGE GOURD CHANA DAL CURRY
Ridge gourd curry is a very delicious Indian curry. Ridge gourd curries are very popular. Ridge gourd is also called turai or beerakaya.
Ridge gourd chana dal curry is good for healthy nutrition. They contain healthy nutrients.
We can make curries with the ridge gourd are ridge gourd curry, ridge gourd milk curry, rigde gourd chana dal curry, ridge gourd moong dal curry, ridge gourd toor dal curry, ridge gourd fry,brinjal beans curry and ridge gourd chutney.
Ridge gourd bengal gram dal curry is very simple to prepare. This is a method for rigde gourd recipe.
TURAI CHANA DAL, SENAGAPAPPU BEERAKAYA KOORA
If you like add half tea spoon of garam masala powder to the curry at the end of cooking. It give a good taste to the curry.
RIDGE GOURD CHANA DAL CURRY OR SENAGAPAPPU BEERAKAYA CURRY
This chana dal ridge gourd curry is a very delicious curry. This is a method for ridge gourd curry or chana dal curry. This curry recipe is very simple to prepare.
RIDGE GOURD CHANA DAL CURRY
Preparation for ridge gourd curry or senagapappu beerakaya koora
Wash the things for chana dal ridge gourd curry
1. Wash and clean the ridge gourd, onions and green chillies under running clean water.
2. Remove the stalks of onions and peel them. Cut the onions into small pieces.
3. Remove the stalks of green chillies and cut them into long pieces.
4. Remove the stalks if red chillies and cut them into small pieces.
5. Peel the garlic cloves. Wash the curry leaves and drain them.
4. Remove the stalks of ridge gourd. Then remove the string like structure. Peel the the ridge gourd. Cut them into small cubes.
5. Keep all these items aside.
INDIAN RECIPES, TURAI CHANA DAL CURRY
Ingredients for Indian recipes, ridge gourd chana dal curry, turai chana dal curry
1. Ridge gourd pieces – 500 grms
2. Bengal gram dal – 200 grams
3. Onion pieces – 50 grams
4. Pieces of green chillies – 4
5. Pieces of red chillies – 12
6. Curry leaves – 20
7. Peeled garlic cloves – 8
8. Mixed red chilli powder – 1 table spoon
9. Salt – to taste
10. Mustard seeds – 1/2 tea spoon
11. Cumin seeds – 1/2 tea spoon
12. Water – as required
Mixed red chilli powder is a mixture of dry red chilli powder, mustard powder, cumin powder, fenugreek powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and crushed garlic cloves. They are in a ratio 10 : 1 : 1 : 1 : 1 : 2 : 1/8 respecively.
DAL RIDGE GOURD CURRY OR CHANA DAL RIDGE GOURD CURRY
Preparation for ridge gourd chana dal curry or beerakaya senagapappu koora
Cook the dal for ridge gourd chana dal curry
1. Wash and soak chana dal or bengal gram dal for 1 hour.
2. Cook dal in a pressure cooker for two whistles.
3. Cook besan dal upto 80%.
4. Keep this aside.
BEERAKAYA SENAGAPAPPU OR SENAGAPAPPU BEERAKAYA KOORA
Method for ridge gourd chana dal curry or senagapappu beerakaya koora
1. Heat a pan with oil, add mustard seeds, gralic cloves, onions, green chillies, red chillies and curry leaves. Saute them well.
2. Add mixed red chilli powder and salt.
3. Then sprinkle 10 ml of water.
Add the pieces for Indian recipes, ridge gourd chana dal curry or turai chana dal curry
1. Add pieces of ridge gourd and mix them well.
2. Cook the pieces for some time on high flame.
3. Cover and cook on low flame for some time or until the pieces cooked upto 90%.
Add the bengal gram dal for ridge gourd chana dal curry or turai sabzi. senaga pappu beerakaya koora
1. Add the cooked chana dal to the mixture and mix them well.
2. Cover and cook them for some time or until the pieces cooked completely.
3. For its consistency add more water and cook them for three minutes.
4. Switch off the stove and transfer the ridge gourd chana dal curry to a bowl.
5. Serve the curry with hot rice, roti and chapati.
SENAGAPAPPU BEERAKAYA KOORA
How to make ridge gourd chana dal curry
1. Heat a pan with oil and add mustard seeds, green chillies, onions, garlic cloves, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
2. Fry them well till they change their color.
3. Add mixed red chilli powder and salt to them. Sprinkle 10 ml of water.
4. Add the pieces of ridge gourd and mix them well.
5. Cook them for some time. Cover and cook them until the pieces cooked completely on low flame.
6. Add the cooked chana dal to the mixture and stir them well.
7. Cook on low flame for about 5 – 8 minutes.
8. Switch off stove and serve ridgegourd chana dal curry with hot rice, roti and chapati.
Notes for ridge gourd chana dal recipe
1. Fresh and tender ridge gourd should be used for a good taste.
2. Fresh ingtedients should be used as they give goood flavor.
3. The quantity of ingredients can be changed according to your taste and opinion.
Brinja beans curry, moong dal brinjal curry, cauliflower chana dal curry, broad beans tomato curry, toor dal mango curry, yams soup, sweet shells, moong dal coconut sweet, beetroot halwa, butter milk, ragi ladoo and cowpeas dosa are also delicious Indian recipes.
Note ; The taste of a curry depends on freshness of ingredients. water and method of cooking.