INDIAN CHUTNEY , CHANA DAL CHUTNEY
CHANA DAL RECIPE OR GRAM DAL RECIPE OR SENAGA CHUTNEY
Senaga pappu chutney is also called senaga pachadi or besan dal chutney or chana dal chutney. The bengal gram dal chutney is a very delicious food and is simple to prepare.
Bengal gram dal or chana dal or besan dal is a good source of proteins. This is a very healthy food.
The main sources of this chutney are besan dal, tamarind, green chillies and curry leaves. This is very good for healthy nutrition. This chutney serve with idli, dosa and vada.
Ground nut chutney recipe, ginger chutney recipe , coriander leaves chutney, putnala dal chutney, coconut chutney recipe, tomato chutney, curry leaves chutney, sambar are also serve with idli and dosa. Sprinkle a little curry masala or garam masala powder on dosa. They give a good taste with the chutneys.
Indian dosa recipe, masala dosa recipe, rava dosa recipe, cowpeas dosa and moong dal dosa recipe are also delicious breakfast cuisines. Hot vada and cowpeas vada are also give good taste with bengal gram chutney.
Bengal gram chutney is a delicious recipe or a healthy recipe or an Indian food. This is one of the most popular method for chana chutney. This is a method for chana dal recipe.
SENAGA CHUTNEY OR BENGAL GRAM DAL CHUTNEY RECIPE
SENAGAPAPPU CHUTNEY OR SENAGAPAPPU PACHADI
Ingredients for senaga chutney or chana pachadi or Indian chutney
1. Bengal gram dal – 100 grams
2. Tamarind – 10 grams
3. Green chillies – 2 – 4
4. Cumin seeds – 1/2 tea spoon
5. Salt – to taste
6. Oil – 2 table spoons
7. Garlic cloves – 4
8. Water – as needed
CHANA CHUTNEY OR GRAM DAL CHUTNEY
Seasoning ingredients for senaga chutney or chana dal pachadi, bengal gram dal chutney
1. Mustard seeds – 1/2 tea spoon
2. Cumin seeds -1/4 tea spoon
3. Pieces of red chillies – 10
4. Curry leaves – 15
5. Oil – 2 table spoon
6. Red chilli powder – 1/2 tea spoon
BENGAL GRAM DAL CHUTNEY
SENEGA CHUTNEY RECIPE OR BENGAL GRAM DAL RECIPE
Wash the chillies for senaga chutney or chana dal pachadi, bengal gram dal chutney
1. Wash and clean the green chillies under running clean water and cut them into small pieces.
2. Peel the garlic cloves.
3. Wash the curry leaves under running clean water.
4. Cut the red chillies into small pieces
Soak the tamarind for senaga chutney or chana dal pachadi
1. Soak the tamarind in 10 – 20 ml of water for 30 minutes.
2. Then extract thick paste from the soaked tamarind.
3. Remove the impurities and fibre by filtre or strainer containing big pores.
4. Keep the tamarind paste aside.
Fry the besan dal for senaga chutney or chana dal pachadi
1. Heat a pan on the stove and add 2 table spoonful of oil to it.
2. When the pan is hot add the garlic cloves and green chillies to the oil.
3. Fry them on medium flame till they change slightly in colour or fry them for 1 – 2 minutes.
4. Add besan dal or bengal gram dal to the mixture and fry them well till the colour of the them changes.
5. Then add cumin seeds to the mixture and mix them well. Fry them for a minute.
6. Then switch off stove. Allow them to cool.
Grind the pieces for senaga chutney or chana pachadi or chana dal chutney
1. Take the besan dal mixture into a mixie jar and grind them to a smooth powder.
2. Then grind them to a smooth paste by adding little water.
3. Then transfer the paste to a bowl.
Add the tamarind for senaga chutney or chana pachadi, bengal gram dal chutney
1. Add salt and the tamarind paste to the chana dal mixture paste and mix them well.
2. Keep the bowl containing the mixture paste aside.
Seasoning for senaga chutney or chana pachadi or Indian chutney
1. Heat a pan and add oil in it.
2. When the oil is hot add mustard seeds.
3. Fry them well until they splutter.
4. Then add the pieces of red chillies, cumin seeds and curry leaves to them.
5. Fry them till the leaves turn crisp.
6. Then add red chilli powder to the mixture and mix them well. Then sprinkle 5 ml of water.
7. Switch off the stove and allow the mixture to cool.
Add the paste for senaga chutney or chana pachadi or chana dal chutney
1. Add the senaga paste mixture to the seasoning mixture and mix them well in the pan.
2. For its consistency add more water to the senaga chutney or chana chutney. Mix it well.
Now senaga chutney or chana pachadi is ready to serve with black gram dal dosa, rava dosa, cowpeas dosa, cowpeas vada, urad dal vada, idli and green grams dosa.
The chana dal chutney is a very delicious chutney.
How to make chana chutney
How to make senaga chutney
How to make bengal gram dal chutney
1. Heat a pan with oil and add garlic cloves, green chillies, cumin seeds and bengal gram dal.
2. Fry them until they change their color. Switch off stove and allow them to cool.
3. Grind them to a coarse paste. Add salt and tamarind juice to the paste. Again grind them to a smooth paste.
4. Heat an another pan with oil and add mustard seeds. Fry them till they splutter.
5. Add cumin seeds pieces of red chillies and curry leaves. Fry them well.
6. Add tea spoon of red chilli powder and a little water. Switch off stove.
7. Add the mixture paste to the seasoning mixture and mix them well.
8. Now chana dal chutney or senaga chutney is ready to serve with idli, dosa and vada.
Notes for besan dal chutney or chana dal chutney :
1. Fresh ingredients must be used for good taste.
2. Do not burn the mixture while they are frying.
3. Don’t burn the pieces of red chillies and red chilli powder.
4. First grind the fried and cool besan dal mixture without water .Then add water and grind them to a paste.
5. In this preparation, the quantity of ingredients can be changed according to your taste and opinion.
BESAN DAL CHUTNEY RECIPE
How to make bengal gram chutney
How to make chana dal chutney
How to make besan dal chutney
How to make chutney
1. Heat a pan, roast chana dal green chillies and cumin seeds in two spoons of oil.
2. Stir them occasionally until bengal gram dal turns light brown colour.
3. Switch off the stove. Cool the dal and grind them to a paste by adding a little water.
4. Fry the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, pieces red chillies and curry leaves in some oil. Then add red chilli powder and a little water.
5. Switch off the stove and cool them. Add chana paste, tamarind paste, salt and water to the seasoning things.
If you like add more water for bring its to a right consistency.
6. Mix them well, transfer the senaga chutney to a small bowl and serve with idli or dosa.
Sweet shells recipe, milk recipe recipe, rice recipe, rice flour recipe, vennappal recipe, semolina maida recipe, hai boorelu or moong dal recipe, bobbatlu or bengal gram dal recipe, coconut milk recipe, sweet vada and rice flour payasam are also delicious sweet dishes.
Brinjal chutney, ridge gourd chutney and cucumber chutney are also delicious food cuisines.